First of all, I just want to apologize for not posting for a while. I’ve been really busy going back to school and getting back into the routine of things, so I haven’t had much time to post. However, from now on I will be posting a lot more often.
Anyways…I have some really big news-I got invited to attend We Day!
I am so excited to be attending We Day in Toronto next Thursday! I feel so honoured and lucky to be able to go to We Day and become empowered and inspired! I will also be at the “Night of Champions” which is for youth who have been really involved with Free The Children over the past year.
Here is the lineup of who will speaking at We Day in Toronto:
Toronto – Thursday October 2, 2014 at the Air Canada Centre
• The Honourable Elizabeth Dowdeswell – Lieutenant Governor of Ontario
• Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan (@QueenNoor)
• Big Sean (@BigSean) – Award-winning American hip hop recording artist
• Hedley (@Hedleyonline) – Multi-platinum, JUNO and MMVA Award-winning recording artists and Free The Children ambassadors
• Joe Jonas (@joejonas) – GRAMMY®-nominated, multi-platinum artist and Free The Children ambassador
• Col. Chris Hadfield (@Cmdr_Hadfield) – Astronaut, author, professor, musician, first Canadian to walk in space/command a spaceship
• Lights (@lights) – Canadian pop multi-instrumentalist and JUNO Award winner
• Kweku Mandela – Social Advocate, Filmmaker, and grandson of President Nelson Mandela
• Kardinal Offishall (@KardinalO) – Award Winner Rap Artist, Music Producer and Free The Children Ambassador
• Katie Couric (@katiecouric) – Yahoo News Global Anchor and New York Times best-selling author
• Nelly Furtado (@NellyFurtado) – Singer, songwriter, producer and Free The Children ambassador
• R5 (@officialR5) – American pop rock band
• Ed Robertson – Canadian musician and lead singer of the Barenaked Ladies
• Shawn Desman (@DaRealSD) – Platinum-selling and Juno Award-winning recording artist
• JRDN (@JRDNmusic) – Juno Award-winning artist and Free the Children ambassador
• Karl Wolf (@KARLWOLFs) – International recording artist, MTV Europe Music Award winner and Free The Children ambassador
• Neverest (@neverestmusic) – Chart-topping, MMVA-nominated Canadian pop-rock band
• Liz Trinnear (@liztrinnear) – Host of Much Countdown and host of We Day Toronto
• Cast members from the Emmy-nominated TV series DEGRASSI (@Degrassi)
• Mustafa the Poet (@MustafaThePoet) – 18-year-old poet, writer, actor and emcee
• Natalie Panek (@nmpanek) – Rocket scientist, explorer, and advocate for women in technology
• Alex Deans – 17-year-old inventor, scientist and artist
• Craig and Marc Kielburger (@craigkielburger) – International activists and co-founders of We Day
• Spencer West (@spencer2thewest) – Me to We motivational speaker, ambassador and author
• Hannah Alper (@ThatHannahAlper) – 11 year old Me to We inspirational speaker, Free The Children Ambassador, blogger and youth activist. That’s me!
• Ashley Rose Murphy (@msAmurphy) – Motivational youth speaker
• Stan Wesley (@StanWesley) – National Speaker
• Robin Wiszowaty (@robininkenya) – Me to We motivational speaker, author and Free The Children Program Director in Ghana and Kenya
I am so excited for We Day and I can’t wait to share my experiences with YOU!
Thanks for joining me on my journey to change the world!